Job Title: Teacher FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal Terms of Employment: 10 Months
The Teacher is responsible for establishing an educational environment, delivering instruction, evaluating student growth and performance, and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy public charter school policies.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences appropriate for a college preparatory charter program.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is measurable, continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and stakeholders, as measured by Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy school survey results.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in training and presentations relevant to teaching the classical curriculum.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- NC Teacher License in subject area assigned and/or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study
- Willingness to obtain licensure if not licensed.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.