The Executive Director of Union Day School will be an empathetic and decisive leader who keeps the “good of the students” at the core of all decisions and who makes decisions using a shared decision-making model when possible. A consummate professional who will model respect for others and strive to bring out the best in people. The Executive Director must stay true to the mission and guiding principles that fosters academic excellence and a love of learning for all Union Day School students.
Strategic Vision and Leadership:
- Uphold and advance the Mission of Union Day School.
- Ensure annual student projection and enrollment goals are met.
- A school culture focused on respect for self and others, self-motivation, compassion, and self-reliance that offers impactful learning opportunities for adults and students.
- Advance a high-achieving academic program that meets or exceeds academic growth annually.
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team of educators.
- Meets or exceeds set annual financial goals through effective budgeting, fiscal strategy, innovation, and facility management.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the Board, the staff, and administration of Union Day School; ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable Union Day School to achieve its long-and short-term goals and objectives.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Union Day School Board of Directors and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Makes continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and ensures funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Legal compliance for all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Develop and monitor the budget and ensure sound financial controls are in place to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the school
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse group of stakeholders and to gain followership to achieve the Union Day School purpose, mission, and goals.
- Union Day School is currently working on three special projects that the Executive Director will be responsible for and/or heavily involved in.
- International Baccalaureate Certification
- Opening a High School, starting with 9th grade for the 2022-2023 School Year.
- recruit top teachers with secondary experience
- ensure that all North Carolina requirements for graduation are met (the first graduating class is scheduled for 2026)
- establish IB Diploma program - once the MYP IB program is running
- Working with the Board of Directors to build a new High School building that includes an expansion of the current campus
Education and Leadership Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education or School Administration preferred with current license.
- Experience in developing talent, creating a highly effective and healthy organization.
- Public charter school experience preferred.
- Experience in organizational leadership and strategic development is preferred.
- Strong, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) and listening skills with all levels of stakeholders.
- Excellent follow-through and organizational structure.
- Respect and cultivation of diversity within the school community.
- Consistent, fair, and firm in action.
- Effective team builder.
- Maintain clear, proactive, and effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate highly effective leadership skills.