Middle School English and Language Arts Teacher
(Bachelor of Arts/Science in Education or field of instruction, NC Certification/license)
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity of the
- Prepares classes for the classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to communicates these objectives to
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the students
- Follows the NC Standard Course of Study and teachers the standards
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the school’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Seek assistance from the EC Teachers and Facilitator as required
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rule governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals and volunteers.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as